Telephone Directory Contractors and Vendors For Great Guana Cay
On Island Caretakers
Terry Roberts: 242-375-9262
Sally Ann Corcoran: 242-559-9863
Gina Roberts: 242- 577-6621
Callicia Spencer: 242-475-0414
Dan Corcoran: Roofing 242-559-9863
Charles Sands Construction: 242-577-0332
Dennis Cunningham Construction : 242-455-1924 or Eugene Neely 242-577-0215
Titan Construction Company: 242-457-1227 Titan Construction Company Portfolio Download
Storr Construction: Fabian 242-462-5199
Tommy Creenan: 242-824-7287
Other Guana Cay Services
Guana Hardware: Contact Jamie for ordering supplies 242-477-5765 firstname.lastname@example.org
Caribbean Landscape LTD has doubled its labour and equipment capacity to address local needs for landscaping, maintenance, lighting, clean up, irrigation, hardscape, drainage and design services. Call Brandon at (242) 377-1149 for more information.
Off Island Services
- Abaco Estate Services is open and available at (242) 357 6570
- Abaco Health Services’ Mobile Medical Unit with Dr. James Hull will be visiting communities throughout Abaco according to a weekly schedule, which will be posted on their Facebook page.
- Abaco Uber is available via phone or Whatsapp at (242) 825-0815.
- All Trax Heavy Equipment is offering demolition, debris removal, land clearing, excavation, grading and dune restoration throughout Abaco. Call Ken Bethel at (242) 577-7876 or Darryl Sawyer at (242) 577-6527.
- Big Sam Taxi Service is available at (242) 801-7673
- Cay Mills Taxi Service – (242) 475-1463
- CBS Bahamas is selling a variety of building supplies including windows, doors, shutters, paint, flooring and cabiainets through their Abaco representative, Matthew Taylor. Contact Matthew at (242) 475-5728 or email email@example.com.
- Coastal Services offers demolition, house gutting, debris removal, land clearing and skid steer and dump trailer services throughout Abaco. Call (242) 826-0455 for more information.
- Donna Burrows (Taxi #157) is available at (242) 559-8304.
- G&G Property Management offers more than 20 years of experience in the business. Contact them at (242) 475-0766 or (242) 455-6164.
- JCI Heavy Equipment and Trucking – (242) 829-3382
- J Devoe Architecture – a fully licensed architectural firm, led by Jermaine Devoe, a member of the Bahamas Institute of Professional Architects (Registration # 138.) His team including structural engineers, mechanical engineers and property surveyors. See Facebook page for additional information.
- Joe Knowles (Taxi #75) is available by phone or Whatsapp at (242) 359-6270 or (242) 826-4718.
- Local architect Brent Key, of Key’s Architectural Designs is available at (242) 577-7103 or (561) 460-7103 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Loader/Tractor Services – Clayton Colebrooke – (242) 471-5148
- Lock Box Mobile Storage is now open and can deliver a storage container to your property. Twenty-foot containers are currently available and 10ft containers will be available soon. Call (242) 826-0455 for more information.
- M&K Security Services – (242) 577-7702
- Mark Douglas, Taxi #13 – Phone: (242) 577-7702 (Also offering debris removal and home gutting services)
- Maryann Archer (taxi service) is available at (242) 577-5200
- Russell’s Taxi Service:
- Debbie Russell (Taxi #134) – Phone (242) 805-6419 or (242) 475-3259 or email: email@example.com
- Walter “Lil Russ” Russell (Taxi #130) – Phone (242) 553-7425 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sidney Hart (Taxi Service) is available at (242) 477-5753.
- Terry’s Heavy Equipment Ltd. specializes in debris removal, land clearing, foundation digging, septic tank digging and more. Phone (242) 375-8840.
- Waves I. T. And Consulting is available by appointment on a mobile basis to assist with your business IT, computer, technology and electronic needs. For more information, phone (242) 699-3124, Whatsapp at 24281waves (242-810-2837) or email email@example.com
- Zion’s Landscaping – Rodney Stuart – (242) 475-3062
- Abaco Big Bird Poultry Farm – Though Dorian took their chickens and crops, Abaco Big Bird has set up a farm store selling meats, produce, milk, eggs, drinks and assorted other grocery items. They also serve ice cream on Fridays, and are selling ice for $3.50/10lb bag. BTC Top Ups also available here. Open Monday thru Saturday from 1pm to 6pm on South Great Abaco Highway. Check their Facebook page for updates.
- Abaco Palms Properties (Casuarina Point) has four rental homes available. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call or Whatsapp (256) 493-4414 for more information.
- Blackfly Lodge is open. Visit their website or call (242) 577-5577.
- Casuarina Sea Breeze (Casuarina Point – South Abaco) Beautiful beach duplex setting untouched by Dorian is available for rental! Email email@example.com or call (307) 620-1946 or (242) 824-8594 for more details.
- Da Bush ‘n Da Beach offers nature tours and a taxi service.
- The Delphi Club, a luxury bonefishing lodge at Rolling Harbour, is open for guests and diners. (Call 242-577-1698 before 2pm for dinner reservations.) Visit their Facebook page for updates.
- Pete’s Pub & Gallery (Little Harbour) is open Fridays 4pm-9pm and Saturdays and Sundays from noon until 4pm for lunch and 6pm-9pm for dinner. Consult their Facebook page or call (242) 577-5487 for menu and updated hours. Credit cards accepted. They also have several rental cottages available — see their website for photos and details.
- In Cherokee Sound, Hungry Again restaurant is open in the green house on the shop corner (just down from the gas station.) Open noon-3pm for lunch and 5pm-9pm for dinner. Call or WhatsApp (242) 458-2191 for daily menu or to order.
- Also in Cherokee Sound, the Sea Shell Museum has reopened for visitors. The only such museum in Abaco, the Sea Shell Museum features many beautiful and unusual shells, as well as antique bottles and coins. The museum is located under the Comms Tower on the front street — look for the prominent signs once you reach the settlement. Admission is FREE and the museum can be opened at almost any time by prior arrangement. Call (242) 366-2053 or (242) 475-7868 for more info.
- Nancy’s Seaside Restaurant in Sandy Point is open for lunch and (with reservations) dinner. Call Mercy at (242) 475-9413 for more information.
- Oeisha‘s Resort in Sandy Point is open. Call (242) 366-4139 or (314) 664-4106 for more information.
- Pete and Gay’s Guesthouse (Sandy Point) is open. Call (242) 366-4119 or visit their website.
- The Sandpiper Inn in Schooner Bay is open. Call (242) 699-2056 or visit their Facebook page for more information.
- Mama D’s Seaside Bar & Grill (Crossing Rocks) is open. Call (242) 807-4005 for further information.
GREATER MARSH HARBOUR (Incl. Dundas and Murphy Towns)
- 3 Guys Chicken & Fries (Murphy Town) is open Monday through Saturday, 11am until…. Call (242) 475-9741 for more information.
- AB Architects (Gaetano Bonamy, IBA, RA, Architect, Designer, Developer) is open for business. Call (242) 577-0334 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Abacays Carib Freight has reopened in the CJ’s Welding office. Call (242) 367-6247 or email email@example.com for more info.
- Abaco A & D Trucking is available for hauling containers and flat racks. Contact Peter at (242) 824-1373 or Timothy at (242) 577-1221 for details.
- Abaco Beach Resort & Boat Harbour Marina – Rooms available, though resort services are limited. Call toll free (877) 533-4799, locally (242) 367-2158, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for information. Office hours are 7am-7pm. Fuel dock is open 9am-4pm (effective February 3, 2020) serving gasoline, with diesel to come shortly. Please hail via VHF on Channel 16 prior to arrival for updated procedures. For updates, visit their Facebook page.
- Abaco Gas (propane) is open Monday-Friday 8am-2pm. Call (242) 819-5898, visit their Facebook page or email email@example.com for info.
- Abaco Groceries has reopened with limited stock available. Check their Facebook page for updates.
- Abaco Insurance Agency has opened a temporary office at Maxwell’s to assist with underwriting needs only. (Claims still need to be processed through your assigned adjuster.) Office hours are 9am-3pm Monday through Friday. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or see their Facebook page.
- Abaco Island Pharmacy is open in the Josh Hann Plaza next to Agape Dental. Hours are Monday through Friday 9am-5pm and Saturday 9am-1pm. Call (242) 802-2544 or visit their Facebook page for updates.
- Abaco Neem has resumed production and is accepting online orders. For more information, visit their new website or their Facebook page.
- Abaco Print Shop and Abaco Signs & Embroidery have merged to become Abaco Signs Printing & Embroidery. The company is operating Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays from a mobile van. Call (242) 807-8953, (242) 812-0727 or (242) 825-1097 or email email@example.com for more info.
- The centrally located Abaco Shopping Plaza is now accepting applications for retail tenants. Occupancy is as of April 1, and rent is free until BPL reconnects power. Spaces from 600 square feet and up. Contact (242) 477-5102 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Abaco Tug and Transport – call (242) 807-6055 or email email@example.com
- Abaco Vacation Planner can help with nightly, weekly and monthly rentals. Call (242) 367-3529 for more details.
- A.C.C. Auto Care Corner/Parts City Auto Parts has reopened. They’re located in the Little Island Roofing building next to of Maxwell’s Supermarket and open Monday-Friday 8am-4pm and Saturdays 8am-noon. For more information, call (242) 805-7410.
- Agape Family Dental Center in Marsh Harbour has reopened. See below for further details. Dr. Andre Rollins is also available at Agape for orthodontic appointments.
- ALIV‘s mobile truck is selling cell phones and Aliv Internet boxes 10am-5pm Monday through Friday at the government freight dock.Allison Albury is offering a concierge service in Marsh Harbour, and is available for pick ups, drop offs, grocery shopping and more. Call (242) 577-0124 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Anthony’s Refrigeration (by appointment only) (242) 577-5913
- Appliances Direct Distributors are open for telephone orders. Call (561) 460-5704, WhatsApp at (242) 577-1357 or (242) 577-1356, email email@example.com or message them through their Facebook page.
- Arawak Agency Customs Brokerage – Email firstname.lastname@example.org, call (242) 577-0060 or visit their Facebook page for more information.
- Auto Marine Professionals (located near the airport roundabout across from Pinewoods) is open Monday-Friday 9am to 4pm. For an appointment, call (242) 801-2886.
- A-Z Bargain is open for business, upstairs in the Dove Plaza, selling clothing for men, women and children.
- A Bahamas Power and Light (BPL) representative is available Monday through Friday, 8:30am-2pm at Maxwell’s Supermarket & Grocery Store.
- Barefoot Car Rentals (on S.C. Bootle Highway, east of the hospital) is open every day from 8am-5:30pm They offer tire repairs, snacks and cold beverages, ALIV devices and top-ups and BTC top-ups. For more info, call (242) 577-7373.
- Bargain Car Rentals (located near the domestic terminal at the Leonard Thompson International Airport.)
- Bay Street Suites are available for nightly and weekly rentals. Call (242) 577-0016 for more information.
- Beverly Bethel is serving pizza Friday evenings, Saturdays and Sundays. Whatsapp (242) 475-6210 for further details.
- Bonefishing guide Capt. Buddy Pinder is available for fishing trips to the Marls of Abaco National Park and East Abaco Creeks National Park He can be reached at (242) 242-577-7612.
- BTC is open Monday through Saturday 10am-3pm at Maxwell’s Supermarket.
- A Cable Bahamas Help Desk is available at Maxwell’s Supermarket & Home Store (next to Frederick’s Agency). Representatives will be available Monday and Tuesday 9am–3pm and Wednesdays from 9am-noon or by phone at (242) 300-2200. According to Cable Bahamas, their entire suite of services is available in Abaco south of Spring City and north of Blackwood. Internet services are also available to commercial customers in Central Abaco and on the Abaco Cays.
- Cable Bahamas Business Solutions – contact Leanne Russell at (242) 817-1675 or email@example.com, or Chantelle Sands at (242) 801-7923 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Calypso Hills Hideaways – A 6-room hotel and restaurant, plus car rentals. Call (242) 825-6175 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cash N Go, a cash advance and currency exchange service, is coming soon to Abaco. Visit their Facebook page for the latest updates.
- Central Pines Liquors (in the Teachers and Salaried Cooperative Credit Union Plaza) is open daily 9am-9pm. Credit cards accepted.
- The Chemist Shoppe has opened a location in Maxwell’s. Hours are Monday through Friday, 9am – 3pm, and Saturday 9am – 1pm. Call (242) 817-3106. Follow their new Facebook page for updates.
- Cherokee Air is up and running, offering flights between Abaco and Florida. Starting in February, they will offer flights between North Eleuthera and Marsh Harbour on Monday, Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday. Visit their Facebook page for the latest flights and information.
- Chubs Kitchen (Central Pines) is open – to place an order, call (242) 475-2931 or (242) 808-4264.
- CMM Construction is available to assist with a variety of construction projects, including roof repairs, sheet rock installation, window and door installation, flooring installation and much more. Call (242) 812-6248.
- Commonwealth Bank is open inside Maxwell’s Supermarket & Home Store. Bank hours are Monday-Thursday 9am-2pm and Friday from 9:30am – 2:30pm. A Commonwealth Bank ATM is also available at Maxwell’s.
- Computer Creations Available on a mobile basis for now, but will soon open a temporary retail location in MH for sales of computers and accessories, printers, ink and office supplies, as well as a business center for printing, copying and computer and printer use. For more information, call Johnell Curry-Russell at (242) 821-8722.
- Cruise Abaco is accepting reservations for April 1, 2020 on. Check their website to learn more about the available fleet and book your captained or bareboat charter.
- D’s Signs & Imaging will be back in service soon. Call Desmond at (242) 810-9142 or email email@example.com for full details.
- Da Crabman Landscaping and Maintenance – Available for gutting houses and businesses, large tree removal, roof repairs (tarps, ice & water shield, shingles) as well as tree pruning, mowing, and debris removal. Contact Edwin Curry at (242) 559-8062.
- Dale’s Electric Company (Electrician) Call (242) 357-6642 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Capt. Danny Sawyer, bonefishing guide, is booking for mid-March. Contact him at (242) 477-5901.
- Dean’s Shipping – Carrying freight and passengers between Nassau and Abaco. Visit their Facebook page for schedules and information.
- Deuces Liquor Store (opposite St. Francis de Sales school)
- Diva Dolls Beauty Couture is open in Central Pines. For more information, call (242) 814-9440.
- Doug’s Place, in the Dove Plaza, is open Monday through Saturday 10am-5pm, selling items such as generators, fans, appliances, electronics and more. Dough can also order and bring in other items he may not have in stock. Phone (242) 825-2608.
- Dr. Derrick Bailey (Veterinarian) is available weekdays and some weekends. Call him at (242) 577-0397 or (242) 812-7717.
- Driftwood Food Company farm stand (on South Ernest Dean Highway, at the trailer with the pallet flags) is open Wednesday and Friday from 4pm-5:15pm, selling fresh greens and produce.
- Drill Rig Marine Construction Ltd. is fully operational and on the ground in Abaco to assist you with all of your marine construction needs. Call (242) 577-DOCK or (242) 577-LIFT, or email email@example.com.
- Fine Living Customs Brokerage – Located at Quality Star, Don McKay Blvd. Call (242) 458-6074 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Frederick’s Agency (Brokerage and trucking) is open at a temporary location inside Maxwell’s Supermarket and Home Store. Call (242) 818-1011 for more info or email email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com
- Fresh Fruit Arrangements by Vandea Delivery available for an extra charge. Call (242) 577.8934, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit her Facebook page.
- Fruit of the Vine Christian Bookstore has reopened on Don McKay Blvd. For more information, WhatsApp, call or text (242) 825-3691.
- G&L Ferries is open. Here’s their current schedule. All Marsh Harbour runs depart from the Crossing. Visit their Facebook page for updates.
- Gelin’s Autobody Repair is open and offering paint and detailing services, tinting, door motor replacement, windshield and glass replacement, car wash and tire service, as well as undercoating. Call (242) 475-3444 or email email@example.com. Mobile service available to the Abaco Cays.
- Government Complex – National Insurance (Tel: 242-397-7112, open 9am-1pm, M-F), Housing, Business License, Immigration, Administration, Road Traffic and Social Services are available. The labour board is open Wednesdays only. (Not yet open: post office and passport offices.) The Bahamas Disaster Reconstruction Authority office is also open here.
- Insurance Management – Their Abaco office has not yet reopene, but they are serving Abaco clients through their Rosetta Street branch in Nassau. Contact information is provided below.
- Integrated Medical Center is open in the former Evergreen Mortuary building opposite the hospital. Call (242) 367-1304 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jaiden’s Barber Shop (Dundas Town) has reopened. Here’s a great piece about the business and its owner, Jermaine Williams from ZNS Bahamas.
- Jake’s Restaurant and Ice Cream Parlour will be reopening in June.
- Jay’s Convenience/The One Stop Shop (Dundas Town) is open, and has self-serve laundry facilities available 8am-8pm.
- Jimmy’s Wine and Spirits has reopened on Bay Street in Marsh Harbour, selling wine, spirits and cold beer Monday through Saturday, 10am-6pm. Further details below.
- Joyce’s Kitchen – serving lunch. Call (242) 432-3684 or (242) 475-3962 for more information.
- Julia’s Kitchen is located in a brown house on Morning Glory Circle, next to Soul Saving Ministries in Central Pines. Call (242) 823-8864 or (242) 551-4926 for menu or to order.
- Bonefishing guide Capt. Justin Sands is taking bookings for April. Call (242) 359-6890 for further info.
- K&S Gas Station – serving gas and diesel
- Kidz R Us will be opening soon in the Abaco Shopping Plaza (where KFC used to be.) Projected opening date is April or May.
- King’s Plumbing Service is available at (242) 559-8977 or (242) 475-1865 or at email@example.com.
- Leonard Thompson International Airport is open, with Bahamasair offering flights from Nassau and West Palm Beach to MHH and back, and Silver Airways offering flights from Fort Lauderdale to Marsh Harbour and back daily except for Monday and Tuesday (starts Dec 19.) Other carriers flying into MHH include Western Air from Nassau and charter airlines including Air Unlimited, AirGate, Island Wings, Island Tyme, and Cherokee Air.
- Lock Doctor (Locksmith) Phone (242) 577-4801
- Lovely’s Delight is open in Marsh Harbour. Visit their Facebook page for daily menus, and call (242) 802-6375 to order. Now serving breakfast from 7am-10pm.
- Lucayan Surveying Company (formerly in Memorial Plaza) is available for surveys. Contact Reggie via Whatsapp at (242) 477 5953 or Victor at (242) 577 5868, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Cash or direct deposits (U.S. or Bahamian accounts) accepted.
- Maxwell Supermarket and Home Store is open Monday through Saturday 8am to 6pm and Sunday 9am-2pm.
- Megan’s Place (Strachan Drive)
- Melinda and Rosolyn’s Housekeeping Services – call (242) 475-3472 or (242) 478-0219 for more information.
- Najah’s Salon and Spa (Murphy Town) is open Monday through Saturday 9am-3pm for appointments. To book, call (242) 553-4144 or (242) 465-5310.
- Nana’s Kichen is open. Visit their Facebook page for full details and menus, or call (242) 559-8862 or (242) 810-0425.
- National Marine is working towards reopening soon. In the meantime, they’re usually around Monday through Friday 10am to 3pm, and they invite you to stop by if you need service or parts.
- Ny’s Restaurant (Crockett Drive)
- The Outboard Shop has reopened in Marsh Harbour. See the graphic below for contact information.
- Park View Variety Store (Murphy Town – down the street from Patrick J. Bethel High School) Open daily from 7am-8pm, carrying various dry goods, fresh produce, toiletries and more. Call (242) 367-6403 for more info.
- Parks & Parks Electrical Repairs and Installation. (Licensed Electrician) Contact Richard Parks at (242) 425-8357
- Pinder’s Plumbing – Call (242) 829-9740
- Pine Woods Nursery is open several days per week. Hours vary, so call (242) 803-8671 for further information.
- Premier Importers (Lumber and building supplies) Open 8am-3pm Monday through Friday. Located off the roundabout on SC. Bootle Highway. See their Facebook page for latest updates or call (242) 824-4044.
- ProGuard Security is a professional security company offering security and armored services to the island of Abaco and surrounding cays. Call (242) 577-7233 for details.
- Quality Star Rubis Gas Station (Marsh Harbour) is open daily 7am-4pm.
- The Road Traffic Department has reopened. Road Traffic folks are also available at the “one stop shop” at the government complex.
- A Royal Bank of Canada ATM is now available 24/7 at the government plaza. For additional services or in-person appointments, contact Joyce Mackey at (242) 357-0176 or Kirshon Neely at (242) 322-2045. A Royal Bank branch is scheduled to open in Marsh Harbour sometime in late March or early April.
- A ScotiaBank ATM is now available at the Rubis gas station in Marsh Harbour. Station hours are Monday through Saturday 7am-6pm and Sunday 8am-2pm.
- Sheva’s Take-Away (Murphy Town) has reopened in their old location. Call (242) 808-5361 for menu and to order.
- Shell Gas Station (Dundas Town)
- Shell Gas Station (Marsh Harbour)
- SG Car Rentals is open at the Leonard Thompson International Airport.
- Spicey’s Kitchen (Murphy Town) is open. Call 242-699-1185 for hours, menu and other details.
- Sunshine Wholesale Market, is open on the Port Road in the plaza that previously housed Abaco Dry Cleaners and Kera’s Fashions.
- Skyview Airport Restaurant and Bar at the Leonard Thompson Airport is open. Operating hours per flight schedule.
- Terry’s Painting is available for pressure washing, drywall work, window cleaning and, of course, painting, throughout Abaco. See contact info below.
- VPI Services & Diesel Specialist (Generator repairs and installation) Contact Vandyke P. Stuart at (242) 825-9223
HOPE TOWN/ELBOW CAY
- Abaco Construction has reopened. A full service construction management company, Abaco Construction is able to assist in every stage of the building process – from planning and permitting, through the entire construction process, to final inspections and provision of occupancy certificate. Services offered include new home construction, renovations, pools and now full size building plans printing. For more info, contact Ryan Cash at email@example.com.
- Abaco Inn – The inn has reopened to guests. The bar is open and breakfast, lunch and dinner are being served daily. See their Facebook Page for further updates.
- Abaco Marine Mechanics – repairing boat engines, golf carts and generators – Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (242) 577-0319
- Barefoot Boat Rentals is back up and running. Contact them at email@example.com
- Cap’n Jacks Wholesale is open – contact them at (242) 577-0319. Cap’n Jacks has also begun serving pizza Friday through Sunday evenings. Details below.
- Captain Plug’s Adventures, operated by Stafford Patterson, has reopened. See his Facebook page for additional details.
- Cats Paw Boat Rentals is open. They can be reached at (242) 816-5220 or on VHF channel 66.
- Chopping Block is open for haircuts. Call Monica Cook at (242) 375-9329 for appointment.
- Clinic with Nurse Glori is open at the Yellowbird Cottage across from the fire house
- Da Crazy Crab Souvenirs & Gifts has new performance shirts, Abaco Strong stickers, dresses, Bahamian flags and more. Cash only, please.
- Elbow Cay Cart Rentals is open for business
- Frankie’s Gas Depot is open, serving sandwiches, cold drinks, coffee and Vernon’s fresh-baked bread.
- Getaway Cart Rentals is open for business. Call (242) 357-6672 or (242) 477-5201 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Harbour View Grocery is open 3pm to 5pm
- Home Supplies Monday-Friday, 8am-noon
- Hope Town Cart Rentals is open. to book a cart, call (242) 458-0442 or (242) 458-2781.
- Hope Town Sailing Club: lunch and dinner, Tuesday through Sunday
- IslandBoy Excursions, operated by Francis Charles, is available for boat charters and transport between the Abaco mainland and the cays. Email email@example.com or call (242) 808-1789.
- Island Cart Rentals is open. Call or WhatsApp (242) 577-0317, call (561) 208-8160 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Imports Unlimited (9am – 12pm, 1pm-4pm Monday through Friday)
- JaySky Productions offers videography, photography and makeup services, including lash lifts/tints and waxing. For more details, visit her Facebook page.
- Kerry Sullivan Real Estate is open. Call (242) 577-0079 for more information.
- Light House Cart Rentals is open. Call (242) 827-9156 or email email@example.com.
- Lighthouse Liquors has reopened at Sip Sip from 2pm – 5pm, Monday through Saturday. (Beer, spirits, juice and sodas available) (Update: special holiday hours are 1pm-6pm, Monday through Saturday.)
- Lighthouse Marina Gas and diesel available Monday, Wednesday and Friday 8am-pm. Please check in at the Post Office dock at 9am with jugs clearly marked gas or diesel and your name. Or pull up to the shoreline if you’re in a boat. For further info, call (242) 577-0283 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Local Boy Fishing Charters is back up and running. Visit their Facebook page for updates and more information.
- LVA Grocery (Can anyone give me their hours?)
- Mackey’s Takeout has reopened, selling snacks and light dinners, and coffee and sweets at the Sweet Tooth Coffee Shop. Call (242) 458-0946 for more information and menu.
- MJ’s Sandwich Shop at Frankie’s Gas Depot is open, serving sandwiches, cold drinks and coffee.
- On Da Beach Bar is open and serving a limited menu.
- St. James Methodist Church
- Sun Dried T’s will be open for Christmas & holiday shopping 1:30pm-4:30pm Dec 18 through the 31. Saturday hours are 11:30am-4:30pm, and they’re closed Fridays and Sundays.
- Tanny Key Vacation Rentals (Property management and care-taking) Email at email@example.com or phone (561) 267-6922
- The Thompson Group, a full-service real estate, design and build firm has reopened. Visit their Facebook page for further info.
- Turtle Hill Villas (Elbow Cay) is open and offering special hurricane rates as they undertake repairs.
- Vernon’s Bakery & Grocery – Fresh-baked bread and various groceries including milk and fresh produce. Hours are flexible. Call him at (242) 824-7739 or on VHF Ch 16.
- Willie’s Kitchen & Bar is open, serving Caribbean cuisine, Chinese food and pizza. Call (242) 802-5754 or (242) 813-7490 for more info and to place orders.
- Albury’s Sail Shop has set up a ‘mini’ Sail Shop just across the road from their original location, and is selling bags, hats and more.
- Hibiscus Café – Open for lunch and dinner 7 days a week. For more info, contact Neil Albury at (242) 577-8007
- Gas and diesel are available at the pump where the marina used to be.
- Joe’s Studio is open Monday through Saturday 11:30am to 1:30pm. Call (242) 577-0338. (Note: on Thursdays, call ahead to ensure it’s open.)
- Man-O-War Grocery – open Monday through Saturday, 8am-1pm and 6pm-8pm. For more information, contact Haziel McDonald at (242) 577-6449
- MOW Hardware – Store is open 7am-1pm, office is open 9am-1pm Monday through Saturday. Call (242) 826-6513 for more information.
- MOW Heritage Museum and Coffee Shop – open 7am-11am Tuesday through Friday, 8am-11am Saturdays.
- Sally’s Seaside Boutique has launched an Etsy store while they work to restore their Man-O-War shop.
- Water Mission is set up near the former site of the marina, offering fresh drinking water.
- Caribbean Landscape LTD has doubled its labour and equipment capacity to address local needs for landscaping, maintenance, lighting, clean up, irrigation, hardscape, drainage and design services. Call Brandon at (242) 377-1149 for more information.
- Conch Pearl Estate Management (Property and Home Management) — Contact Charlotte Green at (242) 577-4158 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- CSC can pick up freight from the landing and deliver it to you. Call (242) 577-0332
- Dive Guana (Guana Cay) is open and offering limited dive excursions as well as golf cart rentals and rentals accommodations. Call (242) 577-0661 or email email@example.com for details.
- Fig Tree Wine & Spirits is open Monday through Saturday 6am-4pm, with a selection of non-perishable items.
- A Food Bank is open at the school Monday through Saturday, 10am to noon and 4pm to 6pm.
- Grabbers Bed Bar & Grill has reopened.
- Great Guana Cay Clinic is open Wednesdays and Saturdays
- The Great Guana Command Center is open and feeding volunteers three meals per day.
- The Grocery Store is now open Monday – Saturday 8:30 am to 5:30 pm. Located at Jamie’s Lumber Yard silver trailer.
- Guana Lumber is open and fully operational. Free drinking water available here – bring your own container. To order supplies, contact Jamie at (242) 477-5765 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mama’s Take Away is now open for lunch with a limited menu
- Michelle Ruiz has housing rentals available on the cay. Call (242) 825-5309.
- Orchid Bay is open for gas and diesel – available metered at the roadside next to their tanks. Gas and diesel can also be taken out to the docks in 100 gallon containers by forklift and pumped from there to boats. Monday to Saturday 8am to 4pm. Sunday by appt only. Cash only at this time. Restaurant is open for lunch and dinner and laundry service is available.
- Sands Construction – Charles Sands is available to deliver 1,000 gallon loads of water for filling cisterns and can also pick up freight from the landing and deliver to your home. For more information, call (242) 577-0332.
- Sparky’s is now open at the Bakers Bay dock for lunch, 7am to 3pm, Monday through Friday.
For the latest Guana Cay news, tune in to “As The Fig Tree Grows” on VHF Channel 11 at 1pm daily.
GREEN TURTLE CAY
- Abaco Flyfish Connection & Charters is back up and running. Contact Captain Rick at email@example.com.
- Arawak Adventures is back up and running. To book an island hop or fishing adventure, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (243) 577-4394.
- D&P Cart Rentals is open for golf cart and bike rentals. Call (242) 359-6605 or email email@example.com.
- Domino Dreams (a rental home near Bita Bay on Green Turtle Cay) sustained some minor damage during Hurricane Dorian, but due to the limited availability of accommodations on GTC, the house is available for rent “as is.” Check VRBO calendar for availability and message Denise McCauley for special pricing.
- The Green Turtle Cay Community Clinic is open 9am-3pm Monday through Friday, and on call evenings and weekends.
- The Green Turtle Cay Ferries are up and running on the following modified schedule:
- The Green Turtle Cay Town Council Office is open Monday through Friday, 9am to noon.
- The Green Turtle Club has reopened for guests and diners (breakfast, lunch and dinner). Contact them at (443) 912-5839 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The Green Turtle Club Marina is now open with slips, gas and diesel and water. Check their website or Facebook page for more information.
- Harbour View Cart Rentals is open.
- Harvey’s Island Grill has reopened in a temporary location for take away only. Check their Facebook page or call (242) 577-2616 for daily specials. Orders can be picked up at Julie Farrington’s porch.
- Island Property Management has a variety of vacation properties available for rent. Contact them at email@example.com or (242) 357-6566.
- Jason McIntosh is available to customize a fishing day or tour specific to your needs. Call (242) 458-6276 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The John Lowe House, a historic 4-bedroom, 2-bath home in the heart of New Plymouth is available for vacation rentals. Email Julie Farrington at email@example.com for more information.
- Kool Karts is open for golf cart rentals, and is also selling ice. Call (242) 477-5920 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- McIntosh’s Restaurant and Bakery is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Call (242) 824-6861 for menu and to place orders.
- Paradox Beach House is now accepting bookings for vacation rentals.
- Pineapples Bar & Grill is open every day from 4pm for drinks and snacks. They plan to begin opening for lunch soon – check their Facebook page for latest information.
- Plymouth Rock Liquors and Café is open 9am-4pm Monday through Saturday, serving breakfast and lunch.
- Reel Serious Charters is up and running and ready to customize an excursion for you. Visit their Facebook page for additional info.
- Rhett Roberts (Mini-split A/C cleaning, replacement and installation.) Call (242) 357-6591 or email email@example.com
- Roberts Hardware is open 9am-4:30pm Monday through Friday and 9am-noon on Saturdays.
- Sea Side Cart Rentals has carts available. Contact Marilyn at (242) 577-5497. They also have several vacation properties available for rent.
- Sid’s Groceries (includes fresh produce, dairy items and some frozen meats)
- Shavon’s – household goods, some clothing, etc.
- Sundowners – Open Fridays and Saturdays for drinks at the outside bar.
- Sunset Marine – Gas and diesel available 7am – 3:50pm. They also have rental boats available, and offer tours to nearby attractions and destinations.
- T&A Cart Rentals has carts available. Phone (561) 594-2433 or (242) 375-8055.
- Though Dorian took its beautiful retail location, The Treasure Chest Gift Shop and Souvenirs still has a fair amount of undamaged stock, which it’s displaying and selling via the shop’s Facebook page. Shipping to the U.S. is possible.
- Turtle Crawl Café – Open for ice cream and snacks – hours vary so check Facebook page for latest information
- Two Shortys is open for lunch Monday through Saturday 11am-3pm, and some Friday nights.
- The Wrecking Tree is operating out of the Levarity residence on York Street, preparing takeaway meals. They’re open Monday through Thursday, 11am-3pm, and Friday and Saturday 11am-3pm and 5pm-8:30pm. Call (242) 824-6378.
- Abaco Tours and Activities (Treasure Cay) is offering sunset cruises, visits to Piggyville and various other tours. Visit their website for full details.
- Cash’s Carts in Treasure Cay has new vehicles on order, and expects to be open in March. Check back for more information.
- Corbett Medical Centre is open with doctors and nurses from Heart to Heart International giving free medical care and medications
- Cornish Car Rentals (242) 357-6714 or (242) 828-0386
- Fruity Freddie Farms is still producing their great sauces and jellies, which are available at Maxwell’s, Candies Snack Shop at the Marsh Harbour Airport, Pete’s Pub at Little Harbour, and the Abaco Inn on Elbow Cay. Shipping to the U.S. and Canada is also available. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (242) 551-7411.
- R&M Car Rentals -call (242) 475-8382 or (242) 475-7235
- Rubis Gas Station is open in Treasure Cay
- Seve’s Mobile Storage & Heavy Equipment Services (see below) is scheduled to open in Treasure Cay December 2, serving all of Abaco.
- Treasure Cay Airport is functioning. Bahamasair is flying to and from Nassau to TC, and a number of private planes are landing here. Customs is available.
- The Treasure Cay Mini-Mart has reopened, offering a variety of grocery items and dry goods.
- Triple J Car Rentals is up and running again. Call Jenson or Rosanell at (242) 699-2531, (242) 577-6727, (242) 804-0996 or (242) 809-0481.
For regular updates from Treasure Cay, visit the Treasure Cay Community Facebook page.
- Abaco Pine Spring Water & Ice (delivers throughout Abaco) is open Monday through Saturday 8am – 8pm
- Administrator Mrs. Terrece Bootle-Laing’s office is open
- The James Inn is open. Call (242) 828-3011 for further information
- Cindy’s Kitchen (Fox Town) is open
- Millie’s Guest House (Fox Town) is open. Contact them at (242) 365-2046.
- Mills Gas Station/Hardware (Cedar Harbour) Phone: (242) 475-8044
- Pinder’s Ferry Service (Crown Haven to Maclean’s Town, Grand Bahama) Departs Crown Haven at 7am and 2:30pm, and departs Maclean’s Town for Crown Haven at 8:30am and 4pm. For more info, email email@example.com or call (242) 441-3069, (242) 557-6624 or (242) 806-0924
- V&M Dry Cleaners (Mount Hope, Little Abaco) First blockhouse on the hill as you enter Mount Hope. Open Mon-Fri 8:30am-6pm. Call (242) 475-8017 for more information.
- Spanish Cay Resort has accommodations, golf carts and fuel (gas and diesel) available, and the marina store and Pointhouse Bar and Restaurant are open. Customs is available with 24 hours’ notice and the landing strip is available with advance notice. Call on VHF Channel 16 or at (954) 213-6195 or (242) 807-0317. Credit cards accepted. Check their Facebook page or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The following companies are based outside of Abaco, but are available to help and support Abaconians as they recover and rebuild:
- Abaco Freight, based in West Palm, Beach Florida can help with shipping items of all sizes by plane or freight boat to Abaco. Call Kimber at (561) 502-2632, Nick at (561) 689-1010 or email email@example.com.
- Effective February 13, American Airlines is flying once a day from Miami to Marsh Harbour.
- Air Unlimited is offering scheduled flights from Orlando Sanford Airport into both Marsh Harbour and Treasure Cay. Book online or call (407) 585-4300 for more information.
- Island Wings USA is shipping freight into Abaco (Marsh Harbour and Treasure Cay) from Ft. Lauderdale.
- Western Air is offering regular flights between Nassau and Marsh Harbour, and has recently reintroduced evening flights.
- Makers Air, based at Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport, flies twice weekly (Wednesday and Saturday) direct into Marsh Harbour with continuing service to Scotland Cay. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (954) 771-0330 for more information. Private charter services also available.
- Aztec Airways has scheduled flights to Treasure Cay from Ft Lauderdale Executive Airport.
- The Auto Mall in Nassau (which carries Suzuki, Hyundai, Toyota, Lexus, BMW and Mini vehicles, as well as a variety of used cars) is helping Abaconians replace vehicles lost in the storm. They can assist with all necessary customs paperwork and arrange shipping to Abaco. For more information, call (242) 397-1700.
IMPORTANT NOTE: I am not affiliated with any of the above businesses and their inclusion on this list should not be construed as any sort of endorsement. Always do your own due diligence, check references and ensure your own comfort level before doing business with any company.